Any person can present him or herself as a candidate for membership at LBC. Candidates are presented to the church for membership at any regular worship service in any of the following ways:
- Membership by Profession of Faith: Any person desiring to join our fellowship by profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and by following the Lord Jesus Christ in baptism by immersion.
- Membership by Letter: Any person desiring to join our fellowship by promise of a letter of transfer from another Baptist church of like faith and order.
- Membership by Statement: Any person desiring to join our fellowship from a New Testament church by statement of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
A candidate for membership by any of the above modes will come as candidate for baptism or state that they have been previously baptized according to:
- A Proper Mode: Through immersion of a person in water in the name of the triune God: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and
- A Proper Purpose: As an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in the newness of life in Christ Jesus.